LOX-8 Full Density PTFE Tape is an oxygen-approved PTFE tape suitable for use in all situations. May be used alone or with an approved pipe sealant. Approved for use with Fluoramics’ pipe sealants.
- Oxygen Tested: ASTM G72
- Approvals: MIL-T-27730A, A-A-58092
- Full Density
- Temperature Range: -450 degrees F to +700 degrees F
- FDA approved for food use 21 CFR 177.1550
- Pressure Rating*: 10,000 psi general use, 5004 psi pure oxygen
- Manufactured with EU Regulatory Compliant PTFE
- High pressure applications
*Pressure rating is relative to the torque and quality of the threads and the amount of tape and sealant used. Maximum oxygen pressure limit guide only. Can be used at pressures above this limit with justified Fire Risk Analysis.
For threads up to 1-1/2″ in diameter, use 1/2″ wide tape.
For larger diameter pipe threads, use 3/4″ wide thread tape.
For a list of compatible chemicals, pipes, and threads, see the Technical Data Sheet here.