LOX-8 Paste chemistry is engineered for harsh chemicals applications where extreme acids or powerful oxidizers are used. It prevents stainless steel galling and it is a sealant that can withstand high pressure, and both high extreme and cryogenic deep freeze temperatures. Oxygen-safe, waterproof, and versatile, it is an all-purpose sealant and anti-galling agent. Works great with oil-based systems, hydraulic oils, and fuels. LOX-8 is recommended for use as both a lubricant and as a sealant by The Chlorine Institute members.
- Formulated for wet conditions and dry applications. High-density, inert thread sealant.
- Remains stable up to 550°F. It is nonflammable and nontoxic.
- Oxygen-safe, gaseous & liquid.
- Not affected by harsh chemicals such as chlorines, hyperchlorides or powerful oxidizers.
- A multi-purpose, cross-functional sealant.
- Allows you to standardize on one sealant, replacing all the pipe sealants in your tool box or factory. Eliminates plumbing errors, standardizes inventory and practices.
- Oxygen-tested by The German Federal Institute for Materials Testing (BAM) and ASTM G72-82 and ASTM G86 (NASA).
- Waste-water processing
- Welding systems and bottled gases
- Agricultural chemicals and spray equipment
- Off-shore rigging
- Chlorine water treatment
- Chlorine manufacturing environments
- Stainless steel anti-galling
- Oxygen and chlorine systems
- Diving gear
- Nitrous oxide systems
- Medical equipment
- Safe to use with plastic pipes and fittings, including nylon
Chemical Compatibility Chart
LOX-8 is compatible with many aggressive chemicals, including…
||Hydrogen peroxide (all concentrations)
||Nitrogen oxides (all)
|Bromine trifluoride (gaseous)
||Oxygen (liquid & gaseous)
|Chlorine trifluoride (gaseous)
||Sodium hydroxide (all concentrations)
|Fuming nitric oxide
Fluoramics Inc. is proud to have the accreditation of BAM and NASA that certifies LOX-8 Paste and LOX-8 Grease “suitable for gaseous and liquid oxygen service.”