is engineered as a shear-sensitive, aqueous, PTFE thixotropic paste that sheets into PTFE strings when torqued. It is an irreversible process that seals over the entire thread length which means fine threads in instrumentation systems are completely sealed.
- Replaces PTFE tape and corrects challenges associated with tape.
- Will not cold flow over time, and will not jam check valves or pumps.
- Won’t deteriorate from -400°F to +500°F.
- It is stable in pressures up to 10,000 psi and in vacuum-3 torr.
- No curing time, allowing systems to be put back into service immediately.
- Wets aggressively to threads and cannot be accidentally dislodged, making it especially useful in those hard-to-reach places.
- Oxygen tested by The German Federal Institute for Materials Testing (BAM) and ASTM G72-82 NASA.
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous, odorless, and chemically inert.
- natural gas applications
- oxygen systems (up to 60°C, up to 30 Bar)
- hydraulic systems
- fuel systems (in pressures up to 10,000 psi)
- vacuum service
- fine pipe threads
- valves in bottled gases
- machine and engine sensors
Chemical Compatibility Chart
Formula-8 is compatible with many aggressive chemicals, including…
||Propane (liquid & gaseous)
||Hydrogen Peroxide (all)
||Oxygen (liquid & gaseous)