is an engineered silicon PTFE lubricant & thread sealant for use in non-oxygen compatible applications. CHEM-8 is recommended for aluminum against aluminum surfaces. It is not recommended for alkali, fluorine or HF environments.
- Works particularly well as a thread sealant for high-pressure gases (except fluorine and oxygen).
- Ideal pipe joint sealer for aqueous systems like water systems, steam lines, and acids (except HF and alkali).
- Great high vacuum grease (torr 10-6) to lubricate O-rings or seal threads in vacuum systems.
- Waterproof, effective to 300°F, chemically inert, and non-toxic.
- Has an extremely high film strength, which means it stays in place
- Vacuum systems.
- Water and steam systems lubricant
- Autoclaved mechanical instruments
Chemical Compatibility Chart
CHEM-8 may be used as a lubricant and thread sealant …
- with most acids (except alkali, fluorine, hydrogen fluoride)
- in water and steam lines (waterproof)
- as a high-vacuum grease (torr 10-6)
- as a vacuum system o-ring lubricant
- as a thread sealant with high pressure gases (not oxygen or fluorine)
- as an autoclave pressure cleaner/lubricant for mechanical instruments
- in situations of desired high dielectric strength